This week brought an end to all of the renovation work on our house. (Yay!!!!)
The windows, eaves, roof, siding and a door have all been replaced and all of the contractors have moved on to other jobs. There are still a few more phone calls to make to adjusters, some receipts that need to be submitted, and some cleanup that needs to happen, but for the most part - we're done! I can literally feel myself relaxing more and more every day, and I'm pretty sure that John is going to buy me something really awesome to thank me for dealing with all of this stuff on my own.
(And let's be honest, when I say "he's" going to buy me something awesome, I really just mean that I actually already have bought me something. But at least I feel like I kinda deserve it now?;)
The windows, eaves, roof, siding and a door have all been replaced and all of the contractors have moved on to other jobs. There are still a few more phone calls to make to adjusters, some receipts that need to be submitted, and some cleanup that needs to happen, but for the most part - we're done! I can literally feel myself relaxing more and more every day, and I'm pretty sure that John is going to buy me something really awesome to thank me for dealing with all of this stuff on my own.
(And let's be honest, when I say "he's" going to buy me something awesome, I really just mean that I actually already have bought me something. But at least I feel like I kinda deserve it now?;)
Due to a manic outburst of energy I had last week while John as away at a volleyball tournament, I was fairly committed to making some changes to our bedroom this week.
The first thing I did was get rid of the royal blue wall and replace it with a much lighter color, which makes the room look larger. Then I ordered a custom made barn wood headboard which is so so charming. I found some new curtains for cheap cheap online and ordered the most darling comforter EVER. (yup. That's the awesome gift that...ahem.. "John" got me, and I LOVE it!)
As a finishing touch - I cut a couple of twigs from my crab apple tree and put them in a vase by my bed. I did that for no other reason then that Pinterest told me to, but I like the calming effect those branches have on me.
It's my own little way of bringing Nature inside, I guess;)
It's my own little way of bringing Nature inside, I guess;)
Now every time I walk in my room it always seems to be saying to me,
"Come on in and relax. Ignore all that chaos around you!"
(Of course, this room also seems to be saying "C'mon! Purple carpet was so twenty years ago!" but I'm trying to ignore that, and just be happy with what I can change:)
"Come on in and relax. Ignore all that chaos around you!"
(Of course, this room also seems to be saying "C'mon! Purple carpet was so twenty years ago!" but I'm trying to ignore that, and just be happy with what I can change:)
If you were to ask John what the highlight of the past few days has been, he would probably say that it was the supersonic free fall of Felix Baumgartner.
Basically, this guy (Felix) hopped inside a Helium Balloon, ascended 24 miles up into the atmosphere,
and then ejected himself from the balloon (ON PURPOSE), falling at record breaking speed, from a record breaking height. He now holds a record for the longest free fall in history.
Apparently this was a really big deal, because on Sunday morning, as John was watching the re cap of the jump, I glanced over at him only to see that he was literally crying, he was so excited.
CRYING!!!
and then ejected himself from the balloon (ON PURPOSE), falling at record breaking speed, from a record breaking height. He now holds a record for the longest free fall in history.
Apparently this was a really big deal, because on Sunday morning, as John was watching the re cap of the jump, I glanced over at him only to see that he was literally crying, he was so excited.
CRYING!!!
Frankly, I'm still a little puzzled about that.
I mean, when our first child was born - John didn't shed a tear.
I mean, when our first child was born - John didn't shed a tear.
But some stranger goes and breaks the sound barrier and John thinks its the most amazing thing ever?
Meh.
I don't mean to brag or anything, but after literally growing not one, but FOUR human beings and then personally delivering them to this PLANET ....
I just kinda find this guy's glorified sky dive to be a little underwhelming, that's all:)
I just kinda find this guy's glorified sky dive to be a little underwhelming, that's all:)
But whatever.
To each his own, I guess;)
5 comments:
Tan, your posts make me happy. And amen to delivering human beings to the planet...haha that made me laugh!
I LOVE the comforter and the curtains and the headboard and the branches. What a calm feeling that room gives off. Where did you get the comforter? I might have to buy one for me from Terry! :)
Shauna- I ordered it from Sears in the states. So cozy!
I love this! Can you come and decorate my place? I lack your awesome skills. Really, I do. Please, pretty, please...
Kristin- YES! I'll be there in a jiffy:)
Post a Comment