Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Quotables



In my room, beside my bed, hangs a cute decorative wooden frame.
And IN that frame, hang many of my favorite quotes at any given time.   (I LOVE quotes:)
It's funny how some quotes mean something to me at one point in my life, and then are later replaced by something that has come to mean more.  

At any rate, I thought I'd share a few of the quotes that are hanging in my frame at this particular moment:


******

QUOTE 1:

This quote has been on my wall for awhile, and it always reminds me that whenever it feels like the world beneath me is "giving way" -  to calmly trust.    I love the image of a bird perched on the frailest of limbs.  
 
Be like the bird who, pausing in her flight awhile on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, and yet sings, knowing she hath wings.
-Victor Hugo



*******
Quote 2: 

I always look to this thought whenever I need to stop thinking of only myself.
(so basically, I pretty much look to this thought a LOT, and should probably think of it a little more still:)

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.
True Story."

*******

Quote 3:

This following quote was shared by our ward Relief Society President in a recent sacrament meeting talk.   I literally got chills as she read it.   CHILLS!!!   Oh how this thought brings peace to my heart.

"He has an infinite attention to spare for each of us.  He does not have to deal with us in the mass.  You are as much alone with him as if you were the only being He had ever created.  When Christ died, He died for you individually just as much as if you had been the only man in the world."
 - C.S. Lewis

*********

Quote 4:

I recently came across this quote and loved it so much, I had to slap a picture on beside it.   Nature truly does put me at ease.    In a very literal way it "sets me aright."  Usually when life gets feeling to busy or crazy, I know it's time to go for a drive;)


********

QUOTE 5:

I'm pretty sure that there is nothing worse then Fear.   For that reason, I love this reminder that this quote gives, that great things come when we face our fears head on.  


"We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot."
Eleanor Rooseveldt





1 comment:

Patricia Beazer said...

Thank you for sharing your favorite quotes - I LOVE THEM ALL! I also love quotes .. . . . maybe I will share some of my favorites someday. . . . but today - I am off to discover 'Olds Nauvoo' with my children. . . .