Last week, Sam took a little digital camera to school, which was probably a big mistake.
You see, he was needing a picture of a few of his buddies to use in a Christmas gift he's giving to them, and against my better judgement - I let him take the old camera.
I'm pretty sure he was making all sorts of "FOIP" issues all across the board, but what was I to do?
I'm pretty sure he was making all sorts of "FOIP" issues all across the board, but what was I to do?
When he got home, John and I uploaded all of his photos from the day, and I almost laughed so hard I cried. It would be safe to guess that this kid never put the camera down for a second. It's a wonder he managed to learn anything at all! There were photos and PHOTOS and when there weren't any more photos- there was footage!!! (yup. Sam figured out how to use the video feature, and as a result, we were blessed with a NINE MINUTE play by play of his afternoon recess! And it wasn't pretty. haha)
So, I thought I'd share a few of the photos that I found especially funny.
(Well, at least the photos I found funny WITHOUT other kids in it;)
(Well, at least the photos I found funny WITHOUT other kids in it;)
I was actually quite impressed with this shot for a couple of reasons. It's proof that Sam actually makes it to the Bus on time each morning. Not just on time- but on this particular morning he clearly managed to be the first one on the bus all together!

As Sam and I came to this picture he said, "Oh and Mom. I took this picture for you, because, you know, I just know that you really like, cute sunsets and stuff."
As Sam and I came to this picture he said, "Oh and Mom. I took this picture for you, because, you know, I just know that you really like, cute sunsets and stuff."
It instantly became my favorite picture ever;) I would have called it a "Beautiful Sunrise" but "Cute Sunset" works too:)
I love, love, LOVE this next picture. It literally makes my heart happy!
You know how most parents (the good ones) send their kids off each day with lovely words of advice like "Remember who you are" or "Don't forget I love ya"?
Well, every morning I send my kids off, and tell them these three things:
1) "Don't be taking your hair out of that ponytail!"
Well, every morning I send my kids off, and tell them these three things:
1) "Don't be taking your hair out of that ponytail!"
2) Remember NOT to touch the fountains with your mouth!
3) And keep your bottle of hand sanitizer close by!
3) And keep your bottle of hand sanitizer close by!
It's just really nice to see that Sam hears me, ya know?;)

I took one look at this picture and the only thing that came to my mind was that he was probably supposed to be paying attention to his teacher at this very moment. He just looks sorta sly. And slightly spastic.
Sly and Spastic combined.
Sly and Spastic combined.
I love walking through an elementary school and looking at all the cute bulletin boards. Sam obviously appreciates a well designed bulletin board as much as I do, because he took half a dozen shots of this one alone:)
Oh, and what would a typical school day be to Sam without a bit of Pokemon Card trading. Sam has gotten into trouble over these cards, cried his heart out over "losing" some, been forbidden to take them to school anymore, and yet...
....here's proof that he still manages to get them into his backpack without me knowing it!
Busted Sam!!!
To conclude this insightful post about Sam, here's a little joke, (he obviously learned at school) that he pretty much repeats to us every other night at dinner.
(Silly me, I am always so distracted that I fall for it every time too:)
Sam: "Hey Mom. Can I have that thing... under there?"
Me: "Under Where?"
Sam: "Ha! You said UNDERWEAR!"
That pretty much sums up a typical day in the life of my seven year old, and I'm sorry for the time most of you spent kindly reading this. (There's five minutes of your life that you will never get back:)
That pretty much sums up a typical day in the life of my seven year old, and I'm sorry for the time most of you spent kindly reading this. (There's five minutes of your life that you will never get back:)
2 comments:
Love love love this post! How fun to have these pictures and that one of Sam is awesome!
underwear! Ha Ha! He is perfect!
Post a Comment