This past weekend we put away ALL our Christmas decorations.
Our pesky little Elf friend mysteriously disappeared.
And all the lights have been taken down for another year.
On Saturday we took our sad but loved spruce tree to Grandpa's house for our annual "tree burning."
It's supposed to bring good luck in the New Year, you know? For that reason, even though John always tries to simply take it to the dump, I insist on making a burning ritual out of it;)

(Besides, I know that deep down, John really loves to play with fire.)
I'm currently enjoying how wide open and uncluttered my house feels now that everything is packed away for another year, but it does make me sad that it all came and went so fast.
It was the type of holiday that I love most!
* Lots of time with just my own little family
* Some fun evenings with Grandpa
* A couple of great date nights with John
* John spent a lot of his spare time just playing the piano (glorious!)
* We watched all our favorite Christmas movies
* The kids brushed up on their skating skills a bit
* Nathan graduated from Nursery and became an official SUNBEAM! (after spending the past 8 years having one of our kids in Nursery - I'm pretty sure that I am headed there next;)
* Of course we completed our 4th annual Lord of the Rings Marathon
* John painted TWO of our three bathrooms!!! (we didn't quite get to the third bathroom...or our basement for that matter, but there's always Easter break right?;)
* Visited with friends
* And enjoyed each and every lazy morning
We accomplished lots and it's time to begin preparing for this New Year!
2013!!!
CRAZY!
I'm slowly beginning to wake up to the fact that I should be starting on my resolutions and goals.
I have a house that needs de-cluttering, a few projects lined up that make that Type A part of me super happy, and lots I know I need to improve on.
Please someone, remind me that there is no time for procrastination!!!
2 comments:
love this and love you in your pj's!
Haha. Yes. I know how to rock the pjs on a Saturday morning. ur..uh...afternoon too I suppose;)
Post a Comment