Canada Day was quite great for us. John was home, which was awesome! (He's usually off at young men's camp at this time, and so we were thrilled to get to have him around.)
We decided to go into Raymond to watch the parade. Of course, we had to leave super early, to find a spot, but the kids were easily appeased with Chocolate Milkshakes from the Burger Baron;)
John made sure the kids drew their "poop circles" (something they learned from Jewel and Kendall's family, in which you wait to see if a horse poops in "your" circle. If it does- you WIN!) and then proceed to visit with a few of his former physics students.
I knew they were former physics students of his, because at one point I realized they were working on a physics EQUATION together!!!! I guess we all like to pass the time in our own way. (Physics...Milkshakes. Potato...Potato;)

Once the parade began, the kids stood anxiously at the side, waving to everyone as they went by. There wasn't much candy at this parade (or maybe they'd run out?) which I was thrilled about!!! Parade Candy is the WORST, the way it lingers around here, and the kids didn't seem to mind at all that they didn't have much of it, so that was good;)
After the parade, we stopped by to visit John's Grandpa and Grandma in the home there. They are always so much fun to see, and the kids sang them a rousing rendition of "O Canada!"
Before leaving Raymond, we found a great little park, with a bit of shade, and had a picnic lunch.
Jessica beat the heat by dousing herself with water, which naturally turned into a bit of a water fight for the kids.

Later that evening, we hit the party in our own town!
This year, Abby and Sam were given permission to pair up and go where ever the two of them wanted. That meant that John and Nate went and enjoyed the party, and Jessica and I were little buddies. Occasionally we would cross each other's paths and the kids would proclaim, "This.is.the.BEST.day.EVER!!!"
(I love how they have said that before. Numerous times;)
Nate spent about an hour on this "Boot Camp" style astro jump thing alone!
I was impressed with how he whipped through that thing, throwing himself. It was pretty cute!

I was so tired by the end of the day, I was almost hoping the kids would forget about the fireworks at 11:00. No such luck!
They enjoyed the show, and at 11:30 we all clamored back into the house, tired from a long day of partying; glad to have had the fun we did, and Grateful for this amazing Country!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment