Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Relief from 37 degrees!!!


                           

Yesterday it reached 37 degrees.  37 freakin' DEGREES!!!!
Where am I- Arizona, or something?   
It was almost unbearable, ...and sticky,... and unbearable.  
By 5:00 that evening, I realized that with John gone at camp there was no way I was making dinner, so we instead - drove out to Waterton.   The kids immediately began playing in the water, while I sat in the shade and watched.  There was the slightest breeze that provided the best, most delightful relief ever from the heat!  

The kids ran around and splashed until about 7:00, when I finally took them across the street to the candy store.  Yes, that's right- for supper they had Candy.     (Don't -worry.  I supplemented their meal with a bowl of cereal when we got home;)


Hmmmm....on second thought, I guess I won't be expecting that "Mother of the Year Award" any time soon, but it sure was a pleasant way to end a very.hot.day!



No comments: