Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dinner at St.Mary's

We've reached that glorious time of year when the evenings are long and slow.   There is rarely something to rush off to, and the temps have usually lowered enough to make it my favorite time of day.   Often, if I'm on the ball- we will load up our dinner and drive out to St. Mary's for a little picnic there.    As you can tell, we always enjoy the short drive too.  I love it when Grandpa comes with us, because sitting in the back with the kids can be a little entertaining;)



(My sister Jewel once made those bean bag "hot box" things and I use it weekly!)   
Our picnics often consist of piping hot pasta dishes, chowders, and other yummy food that always tastes better when eaten outside. 


After everyone ate, the kids went and played at the playground while we visited a bit.   As the sun began to set, the kids' focus shifted to that of catching snakes.    They did see one but were unable to grab it.  (Thankfully)   John vowed to build them a snake stick, with a hook on the end, to make it easier for them - which he has since done.  (Dangit!!!)  

It was a beautiful evening, and I'm looking forward to many more evenings like this during the next couple of months!!!

No comments: