June 25th was the last day of school for us, and what a day it was!!!
School was almost out and I was in the middle of a meeting, when Sam's teacher called. The first things she said was, "Well! He almost made it the year!!!"
She went on to explain that Sam had been playing underneath a table (of course he was;) and he sliced his hear open. Of course, being the empathetic Mother that I am, all I could think about as I took Sam to the Doctor was how I did not have time for this!! (Kids don't seem to mind if you have time for ER visits or not, though do they!)
So, two hours, and three stictches later - Sam was a new man! (The hole in his hear was all patched up, and Sam was more then happy to soak in any and all attention that came his way. Our neighbors down the street brought him a bag full of goodies. A bunch of girls from his class all gushed over him. And he continually reminded us that he was deserving of special treatment. "You know...'cuz he like...has stiches and everything";) haha
Once all the kids were home, we went down to Dave's for their traditional "last day of school" lunch! Most of our happiest parties involve Dave's fries and chocolate milkshakes. Just sayin'

I was all ready to begin thinking up ideas of things we could do to keep the kids occupied during the summer, but they went and came up with an idea of their own. In one day, they managed to turn our spare bedroom into a school room, complete with an art board, bulletin board, and white board!!! They have lofty plans to use that room to carry on with all of their subjects...so long as I take them on a field trip or two;)

At first, I thought it was a little bit ironic that one day into Summer, they were already "playing school." But then I realized, we're barely one WEEK into Summer and I am definitely ready for them to go back!
We're clearly on the same page;)
No comments:
Post a Comment