This past weekend was GORGEOUS! Beautiful. Sunny. Warm.
We spent a large part of Saturday morning debating whether we should head east to St.Mary's or west towards Waterton. In the end, St.Mary's won out because we needed to get home sooner to attend the adult session of stake conference.
It has been awhile since we'd been out here (the fall really) and the kids went immediately to the "bridge" to catch minnows. Sam caught his minnow in a matter of seconds and did what he always does with his minnows. He put it in a water bottle full of pond water and brought it home as a new pet. (I believe he named it "fatty?")
The dam was open which meant for a fun time looking for fossils below the spillway. Of course we didn't find any, (some people do-but never us;) but the kids had fun just the same.
I pulled out my flower twicher for the first time this year and was able to identify two new flowers that I'd never before seen.
When we all got bored of playing along the shore, we stopped off at the playground for awhile before heading home. It felt so good to be in the sun and all outside together enjoying each other and nature. I instantly began looking forward to Summer Holidays with more intensity then ever!!!
Summer can't come soon enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment