Some friends of ours were camping in Waterton for the week (last week) and on Monday night, John, I and the kids went out to join them for dinner. It was their daughter Olivia's 12th birthday AND it was also Day 4 of the Waterton Wildflower festival - two PERFECT reasons for us to get out there and enjoy a beautiful evening!!!
We went up to Lost Horse Creek, where Shauna threw together a delicious Taco dinner.
The kids explored, quoted "The Lego Movie" incessantly, whittled sticks, and paired off in little groups. (ninjas over here...spy kids over there...)
Thanks to all of the rain we'd received the week before, the rivers and creeks were RUSHING!

...And the mountainside was BRIMMING with wildflowers!!!

It was a perfect evening, spent in a beautiful place, with some of our favourite friends!!!
Not a bad way to kick off Summer, if I do say so myself!

1 comment:
Lovely photos! I am finally getting around to catching up on your blog. Thanks again for coming out to see us that day!
Post a Comment