This past weekend our local Girls Choir participated in a provincial music festival in Edmonton.
It has been years since Abby has been back to her first home and she seemed to have an absolute blast! It was fun to watch her do some of the things that I used to do with her when she was just a baby/toddler. (ie: Visit the Legislature grounds, explore downtown) As an added bonus, the girls choir took 2nd place at the festival and Cantrix (a selection of a handful of the members including Abby) took 1st place! Woohooo!!!
It has been years since Abby has been back to her first home and she seemed to have an absolute blast! It was fun to watch her do some of the things that I used to do with her when she was just a baby/toddler. (ie: Visit the Legislature grounds, explore downtown) As an added bonus, the girls choir took 2nd place at the festival and Cantrix (a selection of a handful of the members including Abby) took 1st place! Woohooo!!!
This trip was the last big event for the girls for this year. I am super proud of her, super exhausted from helping with fundraisers etc, and super ready for a well deserved break. ;)

Girls Choir wasn't the only thing that wrapped up this month. Last night we enjoyed the kids annual piano recital, which was held at the United Church. Their teacher Betsy is, in my opinion, patience personified! Despite the fact that I have spent the past 8 months nagging, threatening, bargaining, and pleading to them to do their practicing - they did do well last night and I could tell that they had improved. Sam had a double load this year with piano AND cello and we could tell this got to be more than he could handle so we recently agreed to let him drop piano next year in an effort to lighten his load. I was surprised however, when after the recital he told John and I that he would like to continue. We're pretty sure his teacher has inspired him, yet again!
I can't wait to hear the music these kids will make when they start a new piano season in September.
As for right now though, my Tuesday mornings just got a little less busy.
As for right now though, my Tuesday mornings just got a little less busy.
Ahhhh....I just love the end of the year wrap up!
No comments:
Post a Comment