Oh May- I just love you!
Aside from the fact that this month contains my date of birth (you're welcome world;) it is also a Month filled with truly remarkable sunshiny fun. For example:
1: May brings Flowers!!!!
Our front flower beds are lined with tulips (some belonging to the owner of this home and others were transplants that I greedily refused to leave behind at our previous rental. Perhaps if I want to keep my flowers in the ground I should buy a house and stay put?) I've also been lucky enough to get out to the mountains a bit where I have already spotted alpine buttercup, crocuses and even yellow stunning Glacier Lilies.
This particular bouqet of Daffodils came to me though via a dear woman that I admire who grows hundreds of them and likes to share them each year with people who she knows have lost loved ones to Cancer. Oh bless her heart!! They are so cheery and made my kitchen smell perfect for dayz;)
2: Baseball!!
I'm quickly starting to realize that Baseball may just define our spring in the years to come.
Between Nathan and Sam - our Calendar is booked with games every Monday-Thursday for the next two months. Sam is among the oldest in his particular league this year and as a result is really thriving. We've heard other teams coaches commenting on his pitches and what a great strength he is. Sam is thrilled with things this year and lives, eats and breathes baseball. 
Booyah!
3: Gardening!!!
Okay, so John and I don't get to have a garden this year because our new rental doesn't have one. For some reason we keep thinking that our landlords would be upset if we tore up and tilled half their backyard?;) We may try to get creative with some planter boxes, but luckily Grandpa still needs lots of help with his Garden.

If I were being completely honest (and why wouldn't I be?) I'd clarify that really it is John who helps Grandpa with the gardening. In a surprising and fun twist though, Abby and Jess also helped which actually made last Wednesdays task of planting over 1500 Gladiola bulbs (oh yeah, that's right) go so much faster. These spry little kids helped speed up the work by two hours!!
I contributed to the great Gardening effort by brining over supper.
It just felt like a "Can cooker" kind of a night. We ate it in the back yard while dreaming about hot summer days, flowers and hummingbirds. We all agreed that spending an evening this way was way more enjoyable then practicing the piano and doing homework.
These are just a few of the things that I adore about May!
No comments:
Post a Comment