Monday, August 26, 2019

While in Alaska - The kids Play

While John and I were enjoying the trip of a lifetime, our kids were having their own fun times.  

I'm not going to lie - it gave me a huge amount of anxiety to consider leaving my kids in other places and other hands.  

I packed their bags.
I wrote them so many to-do lists.
I made them make me promises.
I lectured and lectured.
I prayed and prayed.
I cried often.

And that was all before I actually had to say goodbye to them!

Abby was signed up to attend EFY in Rexburg.  John took her (and her friend Aleigha) down and I was so grateful he was willing to do that drive for me.  Abby was so excited.  She spent a week down there and then caught a ride up with her friends mom and lived here at home alone for a few more days.  We were definitely trusting this girl and she rose to the occasion.  

She had a great time and had the house clean and fridge restocked right before we got home.
Yes - girl!!


Sam, Jess and Nate went down to Utah to stay with Jordan and Luci.  Why they would want three extra kids FOR TEN DAYS is beyond me, but they said they did.  

It was SO FUN to be able to facetime with these kids at night and hear about the fun things they had done each day.  

They went with their cousins and spent a day on temple square, they went swimming, fishing, and drove go karts around as if they owned the neighborhood.  They also visited BYU, museums, had pizza and went hot tubbing at Uncle Aaron's house and more!


They got to attend their cousin Justin's baptism which I was happy about. 
I am glad the kids could be there to support!


Half of their time was spent in Utah and then they all traveled back up to Canada and stayed in Calgary for a few more days.  

They spent a day in Banff and went swimming at an amazing YMCA another day. 
They had absolutely the BEST time ever!


We definitely felt so grateful to all those who cared about our kids over that week. 

What a fun adventure they had!

No comments: