Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Metamorphisis


For Jessica's birthday (think winter) I purchased a Butterfly kit for Jessica which required her to patiently wait 6 months before it was warm enough outside for her to try.  

This process had several steps. 
1: Purchase caterpillars in the infant stage
2:  Watch grow until double in size and form a crysalis
3:  Remove from cups and place in mesh Butterfly home
4: Wait a few more days while catipillars change within their cacoons
5:  Watch as beautiful butterflies emerge
6: Feed them sugar water and fruit for a few days
7:  Release into the wild




The whole process had me captivated and excited.  
Jessica proved (once again) that she is amazing with any and all types of animals.  
By the 10th day we had nine of the prettiest butterflies that I had ever seen. 
When it came time to release them, I was shocked at how they instinctively knew how to fly as they hadn't done so in the cage.  

Each one of them took their turn leaving the cage, some flying straight up and away and others lingering on the grass and fly around us for a few minutes more.   Several days later, Jessica was still seeing "her butterflies" landing on various plants within our yard.  

I loved Jessia's tender heart and her concert for these fascinating bugs. 
They are proof that change is not only possible but absolutely essential.   

I loved it.

No comments: