Thursday, December 28, 2023

Life with Two Missionaries - A December update

It's been an exciting couple of months as we have adjusted to life with two missionaries. 
I live for Sunday evening and Monday evening, when I get to hear from both Sora Hardy and Elder Hardy, respectively. For the most part, they both seem to be doing well and I am so grateful for that! 

Sam's mission companion is Elder Assissi, who is from Tonga. Sam speaks highly of him and seems to really admire him. I have been grateful for sisters in Sam's ward who send me pictures and updates of Sam when he visits their homes. What a nice thing to do! I've gotten a few texts now, and each one is like mana from heaven! Sam is currently serving in Yuma, AZ, which is right near the Mexico border. Sam said that there is a "wall" erected in the town to keep illegal immigrants away from the line. He says that that the people there are very kind and that he is well taken care of. His mission president is President Michael Phelps. He and his wife seem to be amazing people. 

Sora Hardy has been transferred to Iasi (pronounced Yosh), and she seems to be adjusting to the change. She has noticed some new challenges and has seemed worried that her motivation is dwindling, as a result of those difficulties. Romania is a difficult country to serve in. There isn't a stake in the entire country, which tells you how established the church is there. Abby has a lot of faith and so much to offer. Every day I pray that she will feel comfortable with the hard parts and that she will see the potential in herself that I know her Father in Heaven sees. She is so very capable. 



Here at home, we are just trying to keep up with our missionary people. 
Jessica had an entry in the school art show. As a "foods" student, she made a gingerbread house/"UP" recreation and that was entered as a piece in the show. Jessica showed up long enough to let me take her picture and then she was out of there!

I completed a six week practicum in Mountain View, Alberta. 
I was more difficult than I could ever convey, but I was grateful to be placed in a school with supportive staff and leadership. It's a charming little place, with excellent students, a remarkable AG program, and a beautiful view of Chief Mountain, just outside my classroom window.  A large part of my practicum was spent watching the students and staff prepare for the Christmas concert/play titled "A Pirate's Christmas." 


It was a great way to kick off a Christmas break!

No comments: