For years to come, I will remember Sept and Oct 2023 as the most perfect autumn months we've ever seen. I mean, truly perfect!
What a treat it was to enjoy the fall colors clear through to November, almost.
We got extra time in our backyard and I even managed to squeeze in a fall photo shoot with family.
Sam spent the month working for Blackcard Construction. He learned a lot from Gord Oliver and his crew and got to develop some new skills. In his off time (when he wasn't at work or at the temple) he plugged away on mission prep. I think his bags were loosely paced early in October!
October definitely consisted of a lot of Volleyball.
Nathan's team took first in zones, bringing home the banner. I was proud of Nate. He was a great player!
Jessica really played well too. She had a great team that she loved playing with and got to attend her first LSL tournament, which the kids always seem to enjoy.
I see that I included a repeat photo of Sam in this collage. That's okay. It just gives us another opportunity to admire what a hard worker he is. In other news- October marks the month in which I retired from work as an Educational Assistant. I started as an EA back in 2015 and for the past several years have been at the Cardston High School. I had to end my employment as it is time to shift gears and focus on my student teaching practicums that will last from now until the end of April. It has been a fun, hard, rewarding, stretching opportunity to work at CHS. I will miss it very much.
These picture of our home gym don't really belong at this point in our journal/recap as it wasn't really established until Sam left for his mission, but alas - here it is. Maybe I'll circle back to this and explain it in a later entry, but just know that when Sam left, I grieved by turning our now spare room into a gym, sauna and all. (Workout therapy is better than retail therapy, I hear.)
The High School's Sadie's dance came and went, this past fall. Jessica and Grayson have an ongoing joke that Jessica (who is a few months older than Grayson) is his cougar." When it came time for Jess to invite Grayson to the dance, it only made sense that she would play on that joke. So, Jess had Nate and Merick (Grayson's brother) dress up in the school cougar costumes and deliver an invite to Grayson while he helped score keep Jessica's game. Well, those two brothers did such a good job at it, that when it came time for Grayson to respond, he drew on them for assistance again.
Would you know- after all of this effort, inviting and replying, these two little turkeys ended up not even going to the dance! Sillies!
Halloween was fun, if you like rushed days, frantic searches for costumes, unpredictable birthday celebrations and late nights. Nate and John ended up being the only two to dress up. I'll admit, I felt a little useless having to help only two family members. Thankfully, Radar complied and allowed me to get him a Halloween costume as well.
John turned 48, on this day, and celebrated in the usual chaotic way - snarfing down ghost cake amidst the ringing of the doorbell. John actually seems to really enjoy handing out candy to the trick or treaters. He's always a lot of fun to watch. Jess and Grayson took a few turns of it too.
And finally...my missionary. Oh how I love this girl.
I love her updates, her smile, and her willing heart.
I pray that she will continue to learn and grow as she serves the people of Romania.


.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment