Sunday, August 14, 2011

The moment when all is right

The other night we went on yet another fishing excursion.   
Not far - just to St. Mary's.  

John's Dad came along with us this time, and I always like it when he comes along.   
It gives me a reason to sit in the back of the van with the kids.
 And sitting in the back of the van with the kids - is a real treat!

For fifteen or twenty minutes (each way) there are no dishes to do, no calls to return, and no messes to clean up.  
In fact - my entire TO DO list is left at home, and the only thing there is "to do" in that moment is talk and visit with my four little ones. 

It's quality time I tell ya.  

Abby tells jokes.
Sam tries to shoot me with his laser nerf gun.  
Jessica gives a detailed play by play of every animal she spots out the window.
And Nate watches on - smiling and sometimes dancing from the confinement of his car seat. 
When they ask- I tell them stories and try to make them as good as possible.  

We're all together.   We are all happy.  And for a little while- they think I'm funny.

It's a precious,  PRECIOUS moment!

3 comments:

Twyla said...

Thanks Tanis for all the wonderful posts this summer. You have been busy, I love to sit in the back with my kids and listen to them and watch them. Not having that to do list also helps relax. Have a great rest of the summer!

Matt and Amie said...

Dont you love those moments! What a great reminder to just sit back and cherish those sweet moments when you can!

Betsy said...

It sounds like you guys have had tons of fun this summer! I loved the post about the kids and John fishing, and you finding entertainment elsewhere! It felt strangely familiar to me.....