One of the kids' favorite thing to do each year is to browse the Sears Wish book and write letters to Santa. It's a fun sight for sure- to watch for kids tear into that book (literally) trying to get dibs on what they would like to find under the tree on Christmas morning.
It's pretty much greedy mayhem!
Of course- after they compose their letters- I usually discover that "Santa" has so far gotten nothing on their list. It either a) gives me ...ahem..."Santa" a chance to make one last shopping trip to remedy that. Or b) it gives me time to manipulate conversations and influence the kids to change their minds and actually want what is really coming their way! ;)
I was thrilled to see their wish lists for 2011;) Turns out Santa got it somewhat right this year, and each of the kids are getting at least ONE of the things they've asked for. That's good enough for me!
That was however-before ABBY showed up this afternoon with another draft of her letter to Santa. Let's just say she's made a few revisions and I'm not sure how I feel about them. John and I have a solid NO Pets for Christmas rule and suddenly she is asking for FOUR?!
And a Star Wars bobblehead? Really?
(I was however, so very pleased to see her little P.S. where she asks Santa if he could be sure to put MODEST clothes on her Monster High Doll.)
Yeah Elves - Get it right this year!
No hootchy barbies like last time:)

2 comments:
haha - TOO funny! All of it! Your kids are too cute! I loved Abby's comment about the modest clothing though, Tanis, you must be doing something right!
modest clothes - nice - hoochy barbie!!!! - You make me laugh out loud Tanis! Thank you!!!
Post a Comment