The last couple of weeks have completely stank! (And I don't mean that figuratively either;) So far, November has very literally REEKED of throw up...cough syrup...dirty laundry...disinfectant and hand sanitizer. It's been a sick little home around here the last little while with some ridiculous sort of "Flu/Bronchitis/Croup combo." It's made for a pretty crabby mama and some equally sad and pathetic babes. I'm about ready to write November off entirely, and I have half a mind to just skip this month automatically next year without even giving it a chance;)
On a sunnier note- I recently came across a video clip that was taken this summer. One of the administrators at John's school (lets just call him "Mr.Jensen" because, well...that's his name;) had taken John's Dad for a drive one day out to a nearby pond that he himself stocks each year with trout. After showing the trout to Max, Mr. Jensen then gave him permission to show it to his grandkids. So one beautiful summer evening in August we drove the few minutes out to the dugout and Max showed the kids how to feed the fish! I caught little bits of it on film and it always makes me laugh when I watch it now.
Despite the fact that this clip is a little bit long (and I have the most ridiculous sounding man voice and laugh EVER) - I love watching it for so many reasons:
I LOVE how happy the kids were that evening. (Jessica's enthusiasm is truly over the top in some parts;) I LOVE how this one visit made up for an entire summer of fishing without a single catch. I LOVE that Jessica is wearing what would end up being her Halloween costume. I LOVE that Grandpa Max took the time to share a moment like this with my kids. I LOVE that the weather was sunny and warm. I LOVE that the kids still talk about this evening.
And most of all, at this very minute...what I LOVE most about this particular summer memory ...
is that there was not a single BARF BUCKET in sight!!!!
I LOVE how happy the kids were that evening. (Jessica's enthusiasm is truly over the top in some parts;) I LOVE how this one visit made up for an entire summer of fishing without a single catch. I LOVE that Jessica is wearing what would end up being her Halloween costume. I LOVE that Grandpa Max took the time to share a moment like this with my kids. I LOVE that the weather was sunny and warm. I LOVE that the kids still talk about this evening.
And most of all, at this very minute...what I LOVE most about this particular summer memory ...
is that there was not a single BARF BUCKET in sight!!!!
I'm ready for Summer! Who's with me?
1 comment:
I loved the video and Jess' enthusiasm. So fun! It made me homesick for you all. And I am totally ready for summer!!!
Post a Comment