It's sad for me to think that at this time last year we were enjoying a weekend with the kids in Choteau Montana of all places, watching the most amazing thing I've ever seen. The bird migration at Freeze out Lake Montana. All year we've been looking forward to our return visit, which was going to be this weekend. We've heard the snow geese count is estimated to be around 50,000+ right now! And we DIDN'T GO!!!!!
We had the hotel booked.
The weekend had been cleared.
The kids were all excited. (But only because I bribed them with lots of candy and promises of endless hours swimming in the hotel pool;)
And my camera was ready.
The weather was so poor last night though that we didn't know if it would be wise to travel today. Then Nate came down with some sort of cold that seemed to hit hard- so we decided to call the whole thing off.
Such a bummer.
To think we could have been enjoying this right now.
Speaking of our time at Freeze out Lake last year- this is sort of a funny story. Last year, I blogged about the trip and I shared this picture of a man that I had noticed who had been standing several yards away from me. We really weren't near each other at all, and we never spoke, but I did snap this photo of him because I was jealous of his swanky camera and lens. haha. (I had a decent lens on my camera myself and so I felt safe photographing this stranger without being noticed;) We were literally the only two people in that area that morning. I really should have chatted with him.
Well a couple of weeks ago, as we began anticipating our trip for down for 2012 (grrr..grumble....complain...) John came across this YouTube video made by a man named Todd Klassy. We sat watching it for awhile enjoying his beautiful footage, when half way through (1:49) a picture of ME appeared! lol. It made me laugh because it could only have been taken by that man I had mentioned above. I think it is kinda funny that even though we didn't ever talk to each other- we did photograph each other. lol.
The pictures in this video are breathtaking, and watching this makes me wish even more that we'd gone down this year.
Cuz' I'm pretty sure that my buddy Mr. Todd Klassy is there this very moment!
The pictures in this video are breathtaking, and watching this makes me wish even more that we'd gone down this year.
Cuz' I'm pretty sure that my buddy Mr. Todd Klassy is there this very moment!
(Just to clarify- this is a slideshow made by an amazing photographer named Todd Klassy. They are not my photos.
I could only dream of taking photos like this;)
2 comments:
That's pretty cool or should I say Klassy. I don't think I've ever seen geese looking more majestic. I suppose the music helps a bit too. It's too bad you didn't make it down again this year. It's always fun to see the great photos you take of the places you go and animals/birds you see.
That was awesome! Nate blowing out candles made me smile too.
Post a Comment