Our third blog book recently arrived and I love it just as much as the others. It's bigger then the others by a little bit, and contains almost 350 pages consisting of some of my favorite memories over the past two years. I have to admit it is a bit biased, and for the most part, from my perspective entirely. Hmmm.... perhaps that's why I like it so much! ;)
What I love about this little book though, is that when you browse through it, for the most part- you would never know about the few difficult experiences we've had over the past couple of years. Instead, this book is chalk full of the GOOD! And that's exactly how I wanted it to be.
It's full of family photos.
(Because I made my family endure a lot of family photos in the past 24 months)
(Because I made my family endure a lot of family photos in the past 24 months)
It's got a few love letters about my husband;)
There are many documented special occasions and celebrations-
-Not to mention lots of treasured time with friends and family.
This book contains probably every.single.one of our favorite summer activities.
(That time with John in the summers is sure precious!)
Of course, it was important to me that a few awkward and embarrassing moments made it into the book.
You know, for posterity's sake;)
Mostly, this book was all about illuminating the beautiful things in my life. Giving attention to those things that were great in the past two years, and choosing to leave out those things that were ...well...not so great.
Hopefully, one day my kids will flip through these pages and remember the charmed life they had growing up.
Because that's what it is;)!
4 comments:
Wow Tanis! That looks like a really neat book! What a fun keepsake.
I hope your kids really do remember their charmed childhood. They are so blessed to have you and John for their parents.
Your blog book looks lovely...mine always look functional.
That's awesome!!! I treasure my blog book as well, they are so worth the time to consolidate and money to print them! What an amazing family journal to look back on one day!
I am thinking about printing our blog off soon. Who do you go through to print it off?
Post a Comment