My boys like snakes.
My Girls like snakes.
My husband - likes snakes.
I can't imagine anything worse then having to live with a group of people determined to like something as ghastly as snakes, but perhaps I'm just a bit dramatic. I don't care what anyone says, or how much science they try and show me that proves otherwise - snakes ARE slimy!
A week ago, a couple of neighbors of ours came home from an afternoon at the creek. Snakes in hand! My kids were beyond excited, and John grilled them about where they found their snakes. The sun had barely risen the next morning when John and the kids took off on a snake hunt of their own. They didn't even ask me if I wanted to come along. Perhaps that's because they knew that if they'd have asked- I would have shut the whole thing down!
They went walked along a creek that runs through town and stopped to play at a park for a bit.
After a few minutes of playing, they resumed their hike - and it wasn't long before they found SEVERAL snakes!! Ew, Sick, and Gross!!!!
They were particularly fascinated with this one because it had blue eyes. They suspect it's because it was about to shed it's skin. I suspect it's because it was EVIL!
Luckily John took photos of the "fun" so that they could leave the slithery little things down by the creek and not have to bring them any where near me. I love them for it;)
1 comment:
Now you know how I felt when we LOST the one we caught in our HOUSE!!! We almost became Roomies again Tanis. I was ready to move in with you.... whether you wanted me to or not!!!! Now what would be worse....???? me or a snake?????
PS. We've MISSED you guys!
Post a Comment