Tuesday, July 19, 2022

He can do anything...


These were other fun moments this spring that I can't not mention!  

Nate received an award on the last day of school, for making it on the "Principal Honor Roll." 
He was pretty excited about it!
Wanna know how bad of a mother I am?
A week or two ago, I threw this certificate away because I'd found it laying around and I took that as a sign that Nate was no longer interested in it. 

Two days ago, he came to me desperately trying to find it to hang on his wall. 
Uh...I'm "Mom of the Year" material, for sure. 



Father's Day was a busy day (just weeks before Moroni's Quest) there was no chance we were going to go all out on anything else. We did have the Stevens family over for dinner and managed to actually cook a real meal, so that was good. 


The kids and I had decided that we were going to pay the $150 fee and get John a place in line for the Tesla Cyber Truck. We expected he'd flip out, frame his order certificate, hang it in his classroom, and tell all his students about the truck he has ordered. Apparently, being on a two-year waitlist isn't exciting for John. He had a level 1 excitement when he unwrapped the gift declaring what we purchased. 

We missed the mark on that one. But hey, Happy Father's Day anyway, John!


One busy week just prior to Quest I had a day that was particularly challenging. I had upset someone, I felt I could do no right, I had so much on my plate, and so many fears. I drove out to the Quest site with John so that we could check out a few things, and these mountain forget-me-nots stopped me in my track. 
They were a reminder to me to not forget HIM and that He is behind every detail, big and small. 


A few days after Quest, John set out to build me these hammock stands. I've wanted them for a long time!! I knew we were pinched for time (company was coming, etc) which is what made it that much more awesome of John. I've said it before and I'll say it again...



That John can do anything that I put my mind to!

No comments: