Friday, July 15, 2022

Youth Days

Youth Days.

It is a much-anticipated event in our Stake, each year. For the past two years, we have been unable to hold it, but thankfully, COVID seems to be a thing of the past (touch wood) so this epic softball tournament between wards was allowed to happen. 

As Young Women's President, I found this weekend to be more than a little bit busy. At this time, John and I were in the thick of preparations for Moroni's Quest and I felt overwhelmed with that responsibility. In May we had continued to hold Young Women's activities, hosted a fundraiser dinner for our ward, AND had last of all - spent this final weekend in May playing ball together. 

It was a busy month.
I was tired,

BUT...

it was actually a really, REALLY fun day!

Our youth's team name was "3rd ward Crush" which made for darling team T-shirts. 
The SR. team really did crush it too - winning our first couple of games (unexpectedly.)
We had a BBQ lunch at Sunset Park, just behind my house and Bishop's house.
All of the youth really came together and connected in a positive way. 






The end of this day marked the beginning of a really intense focus on Quest prep. Four weeks from this day, the youth in our Stake would gather together again for an epic experience together, an experience that had been four years in the making. 

Stay tuned! 

No comments: