I don't really win contests very often. In fact, aside from a set of steak knives I won for my Dad when I was eight, and the time I became the student council secretary in high school (by acclamation;) - I usually come out on the losing end of things.
So imagine my ELATION when I recently won... not one .... but TWO photo contests!
The first one, I was originally a little bit embarrassed about. Back in the summer, I had submitted a photo of mine to Value Drug Mart in hopes that it would win a spot in their 2012 Calendar.
When I found out that it had- I immediately began to worry about who would find out that I'd even entered. I didn't want people to think I was all like "look at me and the photo I took."
Turns out- that humility wore off rather quickly and I've been bragging about it ever since;)
PS: Two other talented local woman's photos appear in the Calendar as well;)
I'm Miss January! (just kidding;)
The second Contest is the one I am most excited about, because it is strictly for Waterton photos. I entered it last year and received honorable mention for a photo I took while hiking Crypt. This year, I went a little over the top and spent all my time in Waterton taking pictures!!! If I was totally being honest I'd admit to entering 15 in total! I mean- who does that?!
What? I was determined;)
A couple of days ago I was notified and told that four of my photos had won first in every category!
(Best overall Waterton Photo, Honorable Mention, Best Photo of Triple Crown Hike Category, and Honorable Mention!)
I have truly been elated about it ever since and there have been moments where I've actually dragged John over to the computer to look "just one more time...at what a winner he married!"
I really should stop. He's getting sick of it;)
Here's to entering Contests with a shallow pool of entries eh?
I tell ya- it's really easy on the ego!
When I look back on the photos I've submitted over the past couple of years I am always reminded of the moment I snapped it. Each picture carries with it a memory of time spent in Waterton and my love for this place has deepened and intensified as a result.
Go here to see the photos I submitted: My Waterton Photos and Thank you for allowing me to boast a wee bit for a moment.
Rest assured- this will likely NEVER happen again!
You can almost statistically count on it;)
You can almost statistically count on it;)


8 comments:
Congratulations Tanis! You do take some great photos, they're always fun to see. Even now, whenever I see your photo of that deer by the temple I momentarily always see it looking over its shoulder before I see it the right way.
Thanks Lorin. It is difficult to tell which way that deer is facing isn't it. The unedited photo is quite a bit more obvious and the berries are bright red- but most people don't like the unedited photo.
Congratulations Tanis!!! Your photos are amazing and I'm not surprised at all that you were a winner, TWICE! Way to go girl! :)
Cindy
Woohoo! Tan that is awesome!!! I love the pics too. So cool!
I love them all, and can't pick a favorite! You're seriously so talented!
Wow Tanis!! Good for you! You really do have an amazing talent, I love all your photos!
Yay for you! I have heard myself say some of those exact words "I began to worry, because I didn't want people to think....." Thanks for being the awesome you that only you can be. You truly are one of my heros! And I LOVE the boat picture in Waterton - hard to pick a favorite though - thanks for sharing them all!!
Yay for you. I can't wait to have your kids for a night or two so you can enjoy your prizes!!! I want all of those pictures....nice and big...for my walls!!!!!!
Post a Comment